Featured Job Details :::...
|City and State:
||West Hollywood, CA
||JOB DESCRIPTION: The Production Assistant is responsible for the administrative, clerical and other support for the Music Production Department at Killer Tracks, a production music library supplying music for film, tv, advertising, corporate a/v and other applications. This is a predominantly administrative job with a few creative tasks.
• Metadata generation and refinement (song descriptions, search engine keywords, etc.)
• Data entry of metadata and other catalogue attributes
• Invoice processing and tracking
• Composer Contract and other document processing and tracking
• Organization of production schedules
• Some client services such as music supervision (finding music in our catalogue)
• Copyright registration
• Other general department support such as relieving receptionist on occasion
SKILLS REQUIRED For the position:
• Ability to focus on details
• Ability to handle large batches of data entry
• Ability to prioritize and be flexible as needs change day to day, minute to minute.
• Familiarity with digital music systems and formats (Mp3s, WAVs, AIFFs, etc.)
• Ability to interact comfortably and effectively with employees at all levels
• Ability to interact comfortably and effectively with composers, engineers and other technical vendors
• Self-motivation and proactive personality
• Resourcefulness – i.e. good research skills
• Strong written and oral communication skills
SKILLS A SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL POSESS
• Familiarity with music production processes (you don’t need to be a mastering engineer, but should know what they basically do and why)
• Ability to identify musical instruments by sound (know a trumpet from a trombone)
• Familiarity with music styles and history (not just current pop and urban, but also classical, jazz, soundtrack, world, etc.)
• Familiarity with audio and visual styles and trends of television, film and advertising
BACKGROUND OF A SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE:
• Experience with basic computer programs such as Outlook, Word and Excel
• A background in music that goes beyond fandom
• Recording experience preferred
• Bachelors degree preferred
Contact Information :::...