Featured Job Details :::...
|City and State:
||Woodland Hills, CA
|| UMG seeks an Associate Director to maintain, review, and trouble shoot the recognition and allocation of revenues.
• Manage the staff and related processes related to License Income received for all of UMG’s deals with third party licensees.
• Prepare complex allocations according to the financial terms in licensees across all the assets in UMG’s catalog.
• Supervise, Review & Approve all financial documents related (Journal Entries; Month-End Expense Ratio Analysis; Participant Statement support and General Ledger Manual Adjustments)
• Review all staff analysis performed during the monthly financial close process.
• Support Corporate Accounting in Internal Audit inquiries and SOX walkthroughs.
• Review reconciliations of system generated adjustments; and monthly summaries of detail transactions.
• Investigate claims of missing income or support documents, and interact with the both the Business Affairs and Label Finance Departments to determine the appropriate action.
Job Requirements: • This position requires significant attention to detail, cognitive thinking, and the ability to both identify and research items that require further investigation.
• 10-15 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Individual must be proficient in reading, interpreting, comprehending, and implementing complex financial commitments in contracts.
• Ability to work on multiple projects as assigned
• Sharp analytical skills, must be able to think without direction
• The applicant must possess the ability to communicate effectively in a non-judgmental manner with clients, especially under pressure.
• The applicant must have a proven record of working in a team environment and effective participation as an active member in a team is essential.
• The applicant must be proficient at using analytical skills and experience to create timely solutions.
• The applicant must possess effective time-management skills, the ability to prioritize tasks, the ability to identify and solve problems, strong multi-tasking skills, and the ability to carry out assignments with minimal supervision.
• Ability to meet deadlines and work well under pressure in a fast paced and On-Call environment
• Strong understanding of Royalty Accounting concepts and principals
Education and/or Experience:
• College degree with a GPA over 3.5 or Advanced degree in Finance required
• Must have extensive experience in interpreting financial commitments in contracts and have the ability to understand the complexities of royalty calculations
• In depth knowledge of JD Edwards, Microsoft Applications, especially Excel, Access & Outlook, knowledge of Royalty Systems preferred.
• Typing ability of a minimum of 25 words per minute.
• Ability to work long hours as needed to meet financial close deadlines
Contact Information :::...