Featured Job Details :::...
|City and State:
||Woodland Hills, CA
|| UMG seeks an Account Support Specialist for a cross section of their Artist roster to prepare, maintain, and trouble shoot the royalty accounting.
• Prepare legal briefs of financial information in contracts for input into the Royalty System.
• Review legal briefs prepared by Artist Royalty Analysts.
• Prepare complex royalty calculations and resulting statements according to contract specifications.
• Review royalty calculations and statements prepared by Artist Royalty Analyst.
• Prepare financial documents related to assigned Artists (Journal Entries; Participant Royalty Statements; Month-End Expense Ratio Analysis; Artist Studies; Participant Statement and General Ledger Manual Adjustments)
• Prepare analysis during the monthly financial close process. This position requires attention to detail, and cognitive thinking to discover and research areas to investigate further.
• Prepare reconciliations of product sales; review system generated adjustments; and prepare summaries of detail transactions for higher level review.
• Investigate claims by participants of any omissions/underpayments payments, and interact with the legal department to determine appropriate action.
• Prepare recording fund calculations for Business Affairs and Label Finance in order to determine the financial obligation of artists’ recording budgets pursuant to contract specifications.
• Handle inquiries from royalty participants, attorneys, business managers, and other departments within Universal.
• Act as liaison between the Contract Administration Group and Artist Royalty Group in order to streamline the legal brief process and to facilitate the flow of information.
Job Requirements: • 3-5 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Individual must be proficient in reading, interpreting, comprehending, and implementing complex financial commitments in contracts.
• Ability to work on multiple projects as assigned.
• Sharp analytical skills, must be able to think without direction.
• The applicant must possess the ability to communicate effectively in a non-judgmental manner with clients.
• The applicant must have a proven record of working in a team environment and effective participation as an active member in a team is essential.
• The applicant must possess effective time-management skills, the ability to prioritize tasks, the ability to identify and solve problems, strong multi-tasking skills, and the ability to carry out assignments with minimal supervision.
• Ability to meet deadlines and work well under pressure in a fast paced and On-Call environment.
• Strong understanding of Royalty Accounting concepts and principals
Education and/or Experience:
• Degree in Finance or Law is preferred
• Must have extensive experience in interpreting contracts and royalty calculations
• In depth knowledge of Microsoft Applications, especially Excel & Outlook, knowledge of Royalty Systems and JD Edwards, or SAP preferred.
• Typing ability of a minimum of 40 words per minute.
• Ability to work extended hours as required
Contact Information :::...