Featured Job Details :::...
|City and State:
||Universal City and Santa Monica, CA
||Universal Music Group is currently seeking a Director of Human Resources to work in the Universal City and Santa Monica, California offices.
The Director of Human Resources is responsible for managing the overall human resources function for several UMG Business Units, and consults with management on employee relations, staffing, compensation, development, organizational and change management.
Directs and coordinates a broad range of activities and functions to ensure effective operations and achievement of organizational goals.
Director oversees day-to-day HR administration and ensures that all employees adhere to established practices and policies. Advises management on issues and resolutions; develops and maintains strategic partnerships.
Position focus is on building, developing and managing client relationships to deliver value-added HR services. Director also plays a significant role within the North American HR function as a source of ideas, expertise and knowledge about the business and the people in it.
• Builds, develops and manages strong relationships with management and employees
• Works closely with senior management (BU head, CFO, Executive Team) to service the business
• Develops a detailed understanding of the clients business – the departments, jobs, structure, processes, financials
• Proactively assesses client needs for HR services and develops a plan to meet those needs over the short and long term
• Addresses all employee relations issues and other immediate issues in client group and protects the client and company from risks associated with litigation
• Conducts highly sensitive investigations regarding potential violations of company policy (sexual harassment, discrimination, violence in the workplace, anti-trust)
• Implements North American HR initiatives, policies and programs in client groups (e.g., performance management, independent contractor agreements, code of conduct, anti-payola, etc.)
• Manages one HR coordinator
Candidates must have experience with employee training and development, i.e., harassment and discrimination training, new hire orientations, management training, etc. This position is a very "hands-on" position including heavy administration for the business units. Must have ability to manage and administrate a "process heavy" workload.
• Bachelors Degree (Liberal Arts, Business or Human Resources) preferred
• Additional education in Human Resources a plus – graduate school, course work, training, certifications, etc.
• 7+ years experience as a Human Resources Generalist in a large, complex organization with Entertainment Industry preferred
• Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
• Business acumen; knowledge of the inner workings of complex businesses
• Organizational savvy; ability to navigate a complex organization
• Crisis management skills
• Ability to lead and manage people effectively
Contact Information :::...