Featured Job Details :::...
|City and State:
||Dallas (Carrollton), CA
||Universal Music Group is currently seeking a Marketing Assistant for the Dallas, TX location.
The purpose of the Marketing Assistant is to assist the marketing depart with any and all
marketing and promotional projects.
The Marketing Assistant reports directly to the Marketing Manager
The Marketing Assistant has no direct reports.
• Execute FirstCom Website and Intranet Content Updates (as Directed).
• Oversee all Social Networking Activities and Online Blog Content.
• Conduct Online Market Research for New Media and Web Trend Opportunities.
• Generate and Track Web Stats Reports for all Online Marketing Activities.
• Oversee the Distribution of Promotional Materials.
• Organize and Execute all Trade Show Shipping Activities (as Directed).
• Additionally Administrative Duties (See Task List Below).
• Minimum 1 year experience as a marketing assistant in a medium-sized company.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Computer skills, including but not limited to a working knowledge of Microsoft Office 7 - Word, Excel, and Outlook, PowerPoint.
• CS4 Photoshop and Flash a plus. Vegas Video also a plus.
• Accurate typist (50+wpm preferred).
• Self motivated individual.
• Attention to detail; strong organizational and time management skills; ability to work amid distractions and interruptions.
• Highly developed problem solving and decision making ability.
• Possess good customer service abilities, polite and courteous manner, cooperative attitude, team oriented.
• Ability to be flexible, adapt to changing needs/objectives and multitask.
• Ability accurately follow directions and to work with little supervision.
• Ability to communicate and understand English; including reading and writing.
• Maintain a professional appearance and appropriate behavior during all work hours as well as business meetings/functions.
• ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF JOB
Employees must perform the following (in case of an individual with a disability, with or without reasonable accommodation)
• Updating website as directed by the Marketing Manager.
• Update FirstCom social networking sites.
• Research industry events, conference, etc.
• Research competition and industry articles in print and online publications.
• Files - organize and maintain the marketing department’s e-filing system.
• Maintaining an accurate and up-to-date priority report of tasks working/pending/
• Prepare UPS shipments as needed.
• Front desk coverage – lunch and 5-6pm.
• Analyze competitor’s social networking activities and report.
• Monitor and maintain all FirstCom Music blog sites.
• Update Intranet site – Update standard content and analyze potential opportunities for
• Research new media uses and report.
• Proof read and test all email campaigns.
• Maintain organized inventory and timely distribution of swag requests.
• Attend priority meetings. Report on current project status.
• Coordinate activities related to invoice processing and maintain invoice database.
• Research unpaid invoices and obtain W-9’s from vendors.
• Compile web stats report for Marketing Manager.
• Monitor subscriptions schedule.
• Collect assets and build XML demo players as directed.
• Inventory Marketing collateral and report.
• Scrub mailing lists and update MusicPitch as needed.
• Update email footer art and links with each Update release.
• Update marketing collateral on S:/Sales.
• Update Marketing related Sales proposal links with each Update release.
• Assist Marketing Manager with all Updated related tasks.
Additional Responsibilities of Job
• Assist Marketing Manager with PowerPoint presentations as needed.
• Assist with trade show tasks, including informational tool kits, packing and return
inventory. (Exceptional organizational skills required.)
• Assemble sales kits as needed.
• Special projects and requests as needed from the Marketing Manager, or the Vice
President of Sales.
• WORKING CONDITIONS
The Marketing Assistant will work at least 8 hours a day (with 1 hour for lunch) Monday-Friday) times to be determined by management. Any work hours in excess of 40 hours per week will require prior written approval from management. The Marketing Assistant will spend many hours at a desk, computer terminal or on the telephone. Will maintain and ensure a harassment-free and an equal employment opportunity environment.
The Marketing Assistant will take a lunch break daily from 1:00 pm-2:00 pm.
The Marketing Assistant will receive (2) two optional breaks during the day at 10:00am and 3:30pm.
This is not necessarily an all inclusive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties,
requirements, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job. While it is
intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the
right to revise the essential functions of the job or to require that other tasks be
performed when business circumstances warrant it (i.e. emergencies, changes in
personnel, workload, rush jobs, technological developments, etc.)
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Contact Information :::...