Featured Job Details :::...
|City and State:
||Santa Monica, CA
||Universal Music Group is currently seeking an Administrative Assistant for the Santa Monica, CA location.
This position is responsible for providing administrative support for both the Senior Vice President Creative Affairs – West Coast and Director of Creative and Music for Film & TV.
• All functions of an administrative assistant including but not limited to: answering/screening telephones, taking accurate messages, mail distribution, filing, faxing, copying, shipping documents, etc.
• Professionally Interact with high-level managers, lawyers, clients
• Liaison with other departments and department heads.
• Process expense reports/T&E’s weekly using Concur.
• Coordinate artist bios and discographies
• Schedule, plan and book travel and assist with writer travel when necessary.
• Assist with UMPG Studio and Writer room scheduling
• Build and manage excel spreadsheets (intermediate – advanced)
• Build and manage PowerPoint presentations (intermediate)
• Create regular reports for the Creative Department (RAP)
• Assist in the creation of acquisition proposals and accompanying financial projections
• Pull Mediabase & Soundscan charts
• Track and log all incoming song demos and submissions.
• Submit song splits to copyright department and liaise with Creative Coordinator
• Complete and follow-up on special projects and tasks.
• Assist with other department and company projects as requested
• Maintain record of, and process all department financial commitments including invoices, demo bills, refund checks, and travel expenses.
• Maintain and update client contact database with additions and changes.
• Facilitate communication between A&R and Film/TV Departments:
o Collection and organization of pre-release audio and related release (and split) info from A&R for Film/TV distribution purposes. This will require a regular dialogue with the Creative Coordinator and the manager of the Forthcoming Releases Report.
• Assist in the daily Film/TV pitch process (tracking down audio, etc)
• Generate occasional Film/TV reports (quarterly)
The ideal candidate must possess the following:
• Experience in the music industry required.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a fast paced environment. Must be able to work under time constraints.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Professional demeanor in dealing with people and clients of all levels within and outside the company.
• Ability to juggle and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously with minimal supervision.
• Must be discrete and maintain absolute confidentiality, as this position regularly handles sensitive information.
• Must be self-directed, extremely well organized, and detail oriented.
• Ability to troubleshoot and problem solve.
• Advanced experience in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
• Knowledgeable in internet usage/strong ability to use internet as a resource.
• Positive attitude, enthusiastic team spirit, and eagerness to learn.
• Overtime may be required.
Contact Information :::...