Featured Job Details :::...
|City and State:
||Universal City, CA
||Universal Music Group is currently seeking a Director- UMGD/VE Accounting & 3rd Party Reporting for the Universal City, CA location.
SUMMARY: In partnership with the finance team Visual Entertainment (VE), a division of Universal Music Group Distribution (UMGD, a subsidiary of Universal Music Group/UMG), this position will oversee VE’s financial reporting and 3rd party accounting & reporting team within UMG’s Central Accounting Services (CAS) department. In addition to managing the monthly close for VE, this position will work closely with UMGD’s CFO and VE’s finance team to ensure accurate and timely contractual statement reporting to 3rd parties. The position will also entail interactions with various groups within UMG along with external record labels/studios.
Our mission in CAS is to continually expand our contribution to the company by providing excellent customer service to the various UMG divisions, while ensuring the integrity and accuracy of UMG’s IFRS based financial statements. We are looking for an individual with proven team leadership skills, a passion for process renewal, a solid technical foundation in GAAP, experience in providing excellent customer service and a solid background in interpreting legal contracts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
• Oversee current staff of 3 employees responsible for the monthly close/financial reporting and 3rd party contractual & financial reporting.
• Manage the monthly close process and ensure financial statements are prepared in accordance with IFRS and submitted within corporate deadlines:
o Review journal entries and various analyses (income statement/balance sheet) prepared by staff
o Coordinate with business unit finance team and other departments within UMG to ensure all VE transactions are properly recorded in the general ledger
o Review the monthly financial statements with the UMGD and VE finance teams
o Review the submission of the financial statements to corporate via the HFM consolidation system
o Maintain appropriate supporting documents to ensure compliance with internal control and Sox documentation requirements
• Manage the 3rd party contractual & financial reporting:
o Responsible for contract administration for all of UMGD’s 3rd party deals. Works closely with Business Affairs and Finance personnel to ensure full understanding of all contracts.
o Create new contractual statements for new 3rd party deals where new contract terms are introduced to ensure accurate representation of contractual terms.
o Review contractual statements rendered to 3rd parties and manage the review process with the business unit finance team to ensure timely issuance of statements
o Handle all correspondence and dispute resolution relating to these statements directly with the 3rd parties as required. Manage the audits of such statements when necessary
o Ensure the accuracy of the financial statements as it relates to 3rd party contracts
• Liaise with internal or external auditors and provide audit deliverables and inquiry resolution.
• Ensure compliance with internal controls and assist in the annual SOx compliance testing.
• Continue process improvements and develop new, more efficient procedures to assist in meeting tight reporting deadlines.
Job Requirements: QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
• BA in Accounting or related field of study, MBA or CPA valued.
• Minimum of 7 years financial reporting experience.
• Movie industry financial reporting experience preferred.
• Experience in reading legal contracts a must.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Advanced Excel proficiency a must.
• Knowledge of JD Edwards and SAP accounting software preferred.
• Ability to manage competing priorities, work under pressure and meet deadlines in a fast paced financial environment.
Contact Information :::...