Featured Job Details :::...
|City and State:
||New York, NY
||Universal Music Group is currently seeking a Contract Analyst for the New York, NY location.
This is a position within the Commercial & Contract Management team supporting UMG IT. This position will be part of a centralized team that is responsible for global leveraging of vendor products and services, focusing on contract life-cycle management and administration, commercial negotiations, contract compliance and overall vendor management. The Contract Analyst will have extensive interaction with other IT, Finance and Legal teams.
IT contracts have historically been initiated and managed on a regional and/or local basis often contributing to multiple and conflicting agreements with the same or similar vendors. In addition, UMG loses leverage in pricing resulting from disparate agreements. With the increasing centralization of UMG’s IT infrastructure and application functions, it becomes more important for IT to better construct, understand and manage existing and new contracts/agreements. Overall, better contract management oversight will allow UMG to better leverage its purchasing power, manage its commitments, and mitigate its liabilities.
This centralized team will own and facilitate the processes around administering existing IT contracts, collecting requirements from IT for and negotiating new contracts; and overall vendor management for IT worldwide. Currently, UMG holds several hundred agreements with various providers of hardware, software and/or IT services worldwide. The bulk of these agreements reside in the US and UK as global, regional or local agreements. The remit of the team is to ensure that the best deals are in place for UMG IT worldwide and UMG is properly protected in its contractual arrangements.
1. Responsible for coordinating the contract execution process; preparing the cover sheet and routing paperwork for signature according to the published Table of Authority according to the type and value of the agreement; following up with the vendors to ensure that contracts are counter-signed and returned in a timely manner.
2. Responsible for managing the hard copy filing system; maintaining binders for each vendor with the fully executed copy of the agreement(s) and appropriate supporting documentation.
3. Responsible for managing the contract database (Docusphere), ensuring that all fully executed contracts are scanned into the system and that pertinent meta data is accurately captured and recorded; links between contractual documents to be carefully maintained to enable accurate searching and cross-referencing.
4. Responsible for producing monthly contract alert reports for publication on the global IT website detailing all contracts due to expire within 30/60/90 days; issuing notifications to the technology owners and working with them to facilitate the renewal process.
5. Provide support to the Contract Managers in the management and administration of contracts across geographic boundaries (AMER, LATAM, EMEA, APAC), as well as across departments and functions within IT, e.g. Global Sourcing Services (Infrastructure Services, Application Services, Program Office, Program Finance, and Strategic Contract Management), Enterprise Architecture, Security and the Office of the CIO.
6. Coordinate with IT, Op Co and Regional management to understand their requirements in order to resolve issues and facilitate resolutions to queries or concerns.
7. Provide support to the Contract Managers in the acquisition of products and services from vendor/providers, engaging appropriate Legal support throughout the vendor negotiation process, facilitating requirements gathering from I.T. for new contracts and contract renewals.
8. Coordinate vendor relationships through day to day interaction, escalating performance issues where appropriate.
9. Monitor IT contracts to ensure UMG and vendor compliance with contractual arrangements, highlighting any instance of non-compliance so that remedial action may be taken.
10. Promote and act as first point of contact for queries relating to the published Contract Management operating principles governing interaction and relationship management between Commercial & Contract Management, I.T., Legal, Finance, Procurement, and other key constituencies and vendors/service providers.
11. Ensure adherence to the rules of engagement of the negotiation process, including standard contracts and contract terms for I.T. hardware, software and services.
12. Monitor the Commercial & Contract Management processes, identifying opportunities to:
- proactively communicate with I.T. customers and vendors/providers;
- effectively contain and reduce costs (Cost Avoidance and Cost Reduction);
- efficiently create and administer contracts.
13. Develop and maintain a broad understanding of technology and the technology industry through the assessment of emerging and changing business and technical needs, as well as industry best practices.
Job Requirements: Personal Attributes:
• Good listener
• Strong analytical, organizational and administrative skills
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Strong financial and business process skills
• Experience in dealing with vendors
• Customer focused, with ability to anticipate customer needs
• Ability to strengthen local and global relationships with internal customers and external
• Ability to think creatively to evaluate customer needs and make recommendations to management
• Ability to prioritise to tight deadlines, with a strong sense of initiative and discretion
• Ability to provide both business and technical perspectives
Education and Other Requirements:
• Bachelor’s Degree (advanced degree a plus)
• 3-5 years work experience (2-3 technology and finance related)
• General understanding of software licensing across all platforms
• Experience in commercial negotiations and vendor management/relations
• Experience in asset and contract management
• Experience in project management
• General knowledge of the technology industry
• International experience an advantage
Contact Information :::...