||Founded in 1990 by renowned producer Jimmy Iovine, Interscope Geffen A&M Records (IGA) is a music industry leader, innovator, and taste maker with an impressive artist roster, including U2, Lady Gaga, Mary J. Blige, 50 Cent, Black Eyed Peas, Keyshia Cole, No Doubt, Weezer, Eminem…
IGA is currently seeking a Business & Legal Affairs Executive for the Santa Monica, CA location. This position is responsible for a heavy transaction flow in connection with all aspects of the music business, including signing recording artists and other acquisitions of content or rights (e.g. "360" deals, profit share label deals, brand partnership deals, soundtrack deals), as well as the exploitation of content and rights.
The candidate will provide ongoing legal counseling resulting from the above-mentioned transactions, including shaping, drafting, reviewing and negotiating a variety of legal agreements such as recording agreements, label agreements, ancillary rights agreements, producer agreements and license agreements.
Universal offers competitive compensation and benefits.
- BA/BS degree & JD required
- 4 – 8 years recorded music-related experience preferred
- Strong law firm experience/training preferred
- Proven, in-depth knowledge of agreements relating to recording artists and exploitation of music a must
- Must be adept at drafting and negotiating
- Familiar with record label issues
- Strong customer/client service skills a must
- Must be able to work under time constraints
- Ability to multi-task and juggle competing priorities
- Computer experience: Internet, Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Must have excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Highly motivated and with a desire to work in a team environment
- Ability to keep information confidential
- Must be self-directed and well organized