Featured Job Details :::...
|City and State:
||New York, NY
||Universal Music Group is currently seeking a Senior Programmer Analyst for the New York, NY location.
Analyses requirements and designs, develops, and maintains applications on Mainframe and or UNIX environment using ADABAS/NATURAL with the emphasis on analysis and more complex development activities.
• Translates the solutions provided from analysis/design into detailed program specifications
• Gathers data to further identify customer change requests, defines scope of work and software/system requirements for implementation
• Reviews and writes or provides input to functional documentation
• Identifies subsystems and interfaces, and performs impact analysis in relation to other systems
• Develops and documents computer programs, applying knowledge of programming techniques and computer systems
• Writes code, revises and adapts existing code, troubleshoots and resolves defects
• Maintains and supports applications to keep them performing in accordance with technical and functional specifications
• Adheres to and provides input to programming standards and techniques
• Designs detailed flowcharts, verifies program logic by preparing test data for trial runs
• Provides input for the test team with regard to test requirements and test plans and assists in the creation of test scripts
• Performs system tests and debugs programs according to results of system test and user acceptance test
• Writes technical documentation to describe program logic and coding
• Performs code peer-reviews
• Liaises with and provides input to the project manager on project progress and issues.
• Provides technical/professional guidance, coaching to the assigned resources
• Prepares or ensures preparation of necessary reports, charts, and correspondence relative to status, progress, costs, and operations for the project manager and business representatives
• Formal systems life cycle methodology experience
• Ability to investigate and solve problems
• Team player
• Oral and written communication skills
• 10 years of ADABAS/Natural combined experience on Mainframe and/or Unix
• TSO, JCL, FTP,UNIX scripts knowledge and expertise
• Strong Batch processing in mainframe enviornment
• COBOL knowledge preferred
• Music or royalty/copyright experience.
• Minimum 4 year business or technical degree
Contact Information :::...