Featured Job Details :::...
|City and State:
||Universal City , CA
||Universal Music Group Distribution is currently seeking an Account Director for the Universal City, CA location.
The Account Director l will manage business plans for designated high volume/visibility digital accounts, including development and execution of sales and marketing campaigns and goals. This person will manage excellent relationships with labels and customers, be able to hit sales objectives and create incremental sales objectives and opportunities. To manage these account(s) we are after a strong account manager or project manager. The Account Director will be the main point person within the UMGD team for every aspect of the accounts. This includes liaising with Business Affairs, e-commerce team, Technology teams, Legal and Finance as well as escalating issues to Senior Management. This is a temporary assignment that comes with a twelve month contract.
• Build and maintain excellent relationship with multiple digital accounts
• Manage all aspects of the account relationship between Universal and digital partners
• Act as main point of contact for account queries
• Negotiate marketing plans and influence accounts to meet Universal’s marketing objectives. This also includes defining key performance indicators and measuring the success of the campaigns
• Oversee special promotional opportunities with accounts (merchandising, marketing, in-stores, retail partnership activities)
• Manage sales activities across multiple business models including transaction, ad-supported and subscription models as it relates to goals of the company
• Communicate trends, success, opportunities, and recommendations to UMGD/labels and accounts
• Successfully manage relationship with accounts including verification of: launch, product delivery, punctual reporting and on-going partnership maintenance
• Successfully manage relationship and shared goals with labels, marketing and product development teams
• Manage two (2) direct reports to increase effectiveness of account management and increase revenues
We are looking for a high caliber candidate who is confident and outgoing with a strong sense of personal drive – candidates should have a taken a proactive approach to their career and should be able to demonstrate that they have successfully sought out and maximized opportunities
• Solid experience in selling and marketing in high visibility environment
• Solid understanding of retail sales and marketing strategies through direct professional experience
• Solid understanding of digital consumer trends
• Solid understanding of digital customer/partner practices and business needs
• A good knowledge and understanding of P&L’s
• Ability to think creatively and independently, as well as collaboratively
• Ability to operate in a highly collaborative manner and work in pressure situations
• Excellent negotiating and people skills
• Well organized with the ability to plan and deliver to tight deadlines and good attention to detail
• Polished presentation skills, ability to appeal to variety of customers
• Ability to craft and deliver executive-level presentations
• Ability to communicate with all levels of management and executives
• Minimum 7 years of sales or marketing experience at music company or digital provider
• Some experience in working with a team and managing people
Contact Information :::...