Featured Job Details :::...
|City and State:
||New York , NY
||Universal Music Group is currently seeking an Artist Development Representative for the New York, NY location.
The ADR is focused on a designated label/product group discovering, implementing and following through on regional marketing and sales campaigns with online and physical accounts. The ADR is an integral part of the region working closely with UMGD/Label Sales and Marketing Teams.
- Secure online regional/local marketing and sales opportunities with lifestyle accounts, blog sites and local music retailers
- Create and execute marketing, advertising, merchandising and promotions for priority developing artists at physical retail and lifestyle accounts
- Have exceptional knowledge of the local landscape understanding trends that develop including seasonal, digital, store fronts, lifestyle, clubs, radio, community, etc
- Find ways to expand existing UMGD brick-and-mortar retail promotions to include online elements
- Follow through on implementation of all marketing opportunities and manage/monitor sales outcome
- Feed appropriate opportunities to various UMGD’s Departments as it relates to potential national programs
- Set up, execute and wrap up different types of events where the artist may or may not be present. This includes, but not limited to, in-store signings, listening & record release parties, etc.
- Build relationships with accounts and leverage relationships to effectively market developing artists creating maximum interest and exposure
- Build the best knowledge of accounts in territory to leverage marketing plans that involve targeting key accounts that report to SoundScan, trades and radio
- Have complete knowledge of each priority project (tour dates, video play, airplay, competitive artists, etc.) in order to lead marketing efforts and involvement by entire UMGD sales & marketing team to ensure product is placed appropriately either digitally or physically based on these activities going on in the marketplace
- Provide critical marketing information (tours, ticket availability, SoundScan, Insight, Digital, BDS & Mediabase stats) to retail and the UMGD sales & marketing staff
- Create and manage visibility campaigns and awareness for artists on tour
- Manage and assist in the merchandising of venues to support artist visibility for tours
- Generate and maintain awareness and enthusiasm for priority artists within the Regional Office
- Ability to interact comfortably and effectively with employees at all levels within our company
- Excellent written, presentation, and communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Knowledge of Legacy, BDS, and SoundScan systems
- Knowledge of digital music via the internet and mobile communities
- Advanced product knowledge
- Excellent analytical skills
- Some travel required
- College degree preferred
Contact Information :::...