Featured Job Details :::...
|City and State:
||Los Angeles , CA
||Universal Music Group is currently seeking a Vice President of Sales for the Los Angeles, CA office.
The Vice President of Sales is responsible for the overall coordination, the functional management and leadership of all of the sales activities of the business. The position reports to the Worldwide President of Universal Publishing Production Music
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The VP of Sales is responsible for the establishment of both annual and monthly sales objectives (sales goals) in coordination with the Company’s business plan. This includes, but is not limited to, specific plans for new business acquisition as well as established client retention.
The VP of Sales is responsible for providing an annual Sales Plan and is expected to:
1. Provide monthly and quarterly updates, revisions, along with modifications to the Plan as necessary;
2. Coordinate the specific objectives of the Sales Plan with all the functional departments of the Company—most specifically with Marketing and Production.
The VP of Sales, in conjunction with the WW President, establishes both market and target customer strategies for the Company.
The VP of Sales is responsible for the successful management of the needs of the Company’s clients in order to meet the objectives of the Company’s overall business plans and strategies.
The VP of Sales manages all of the various sales functions within the Company, including the sales team (primarily a telesales group) plus any outside sales required along with the sales support and client support teams.
1. The VP of Sales defines and manages the monthly and annual sales objectives for all of the sales personnel and ensures that they are in line with the Sales Plan and Company goals.
2. The VP of Sales is expected to spend a significant amount of time working with the Account Executives on the Key Accounts, ensuring that these accounts are properly nurtured and grown.
3. The VP of Sales will conduct weekly group sales meetings to ensure that all goals are communicated and that action plans are being executed properly to meet individual and Company-wide goals. In addition, regularly scheduled individual meetings with Account Executives will take place to manage individual performance.
4. The VP of Sales will be responsible for recruiting, training, motivating, monitoring, disciplining (as necessary) and otherwise managing the acquisition, retention and motivation of a high-performing sales team.
The VP of Sales is expected to be knowledgeable of market and industry trends, competitors, and leading sales strategies.
The VP of Sales will work closely with Marketing to prepare and deliver appropriate sales materials, exhibits, and promotion programs.
Other duties as assigned.
• Is highly organized and has very effective time management skills
• Is a demonstrated leader among employees
• Is highly computer literate and including Microsoft Office and knowledge of Windows-based contact management software.
• Strong negotiating skills and capacity.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Equally strong listening skills.
• Proven “people person” both with clients and with staff
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, while remaining flexible and adaptive to changes
• Superior work ethic
• Computer, sales management software, PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Outlook, fax machine, copy machine and the Internet.
4. Education and/or Experience
• The typical incumbent holds a minimum of Bachelor's Degree in a related field and has a minimum of 5-7 years of Sales and supervisory experience in a fast-paced, goal-driven environment,
• Has managed sales personnel; strong desire for telesales management experience
• Has been a sales manager in a highly competitive industry, preferably with a strong understanding of selling intellectual property, licensing or other intangible properties.
• Experience in a sales-driven organization (e.g. IBM, Xerox) desirable.
• Has developed and executed tactical sales plans including quotas and account objectives.
5. MENTAL / PHYSICAL ABILITIES REQUIRED
Requires the ability to remain flexible, calm, cool and collected as this position is a member of the Company’s senior staff and a leadership position to whom people throughout the Company will look up to. No specific physical abilities required except as otherwise noted in this document and as normally expected for similar positions.
6. ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS
Works in office enviroment. On occasion will visit clients both in town and out-of-town, and with or without Account Executive. Additional travel as needed to develop/maintain relationships and develop new revenue opportunities. Occasional tradeshow travel and very occasional evening or weekend work requirement.
Contact Information :::...