Featured Job Details :::...
|City and State:
||New York , NY
||Universal Music Group is currently seeking an Administrative Assistant for the New York, NY location.
The Administrative Assistant to the Urban Creative Department is responsible for supporting the Urban Creative Team by efficiently and effectively carrying out the operational and administrative tasks associated with the office while maintaining the highest level of personal and professional standards and conduct. Discretion, and the ability to safeguard confidential data, is essential.
• All functions of an administrative assistant including but not limited to: answering/screening telephones, taking accurate messages, mail distribution, filing, faxing, copying, shipping documents, etc.
• Liaison with other departments and department heads.
• Arrange meetings, conferences, social functions and necessary travel.
• Schedule, plan and book travel and assist with writer travel when necessary.
• Maintain record of, and process all department financial commitments including invoices, demo bills, refund checks, and travel expenses.
• Process expense reports/T&E’s weekly using Concur.
• Type interoffice memos, reports and correspondence.
• Maintain and coordinate day to day calendars and hectic schedules.
• Maintain and constantly update our client contact database with additions and changes.
• Build basic excel spreadsheets.
• Build basic PowerPoint presentations.
• Complete and follow-up special projects and tasks.
• Track and log all incoming song demos and submissions.
• Miscellaneous administrative and creative responsibilities for supervisors and staff as requested.
What We Require:
The ideal candidate must possess the following:
• 2-3 years experience in an administrative assistant role. (Experience in the entertainment business (esp. Music) preferred)
• Must have excellent communication skills: written and verbal.
• Advanced experience in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
• Knowledgeable in internet usage/strong ability to use internet as a resource.
• Knowledge of BDS, Mediabase, Soundscan Research.
• Ability to juggle and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously with minimal supervision.
• Ability to troubleshoot and problem solve.
• Ability to take initiative and anticipate the needs of executives.
• Professional demeanor in dealing with people and clients of all levels within and outside the company.
• Must have strong organizational skills and be detail oriented.
• Positive attitude, enthusiastic team spirit, and eagerness to learn.
• Must be discrete and maintain absolute confidentiality as this position regularly handles sensitive information.
• Must be able to interact with senior management with poise and professionalism.
• A love of music is a plus.
• Overtime may be required.
Contact Information :::...