Featured Job Details :::...
|City and State:
||Los Angeles , CA
||Universal Music Group is currently seeking a Finance Manager for the West Los Angeles, CA office.
This position is a true business partner for Universal Music Publishing’s Production Music division and Brentwood Benson Music Publishing. He/She responsible for planning and forecasting, oversight of reporting and financial analysis, for three major Production Music Libraries, as well as Brentwood-Benson Music Publishing (Christian repertoire), which are a part of the Universal Music Publishing Group.
• Oversee timely and accurate reporting for Production Music Library (UPPM) business units and Brentwood-Benson Music Publishing (BBMP).
• Prepare schedules and provide detail for the month end close as necessary to Central Accounting Services to allow for accurate general ledger reporting, especially related to revenue received on a cash basis for reporting and on an invoiced basis where necessary for analysis of UPPM targets.
• Review of general ledger activities, including journal entries and financial statements to verify accuracy and consistency with annual budget. Requires a thorough understanding of a variety of financial transactions and the ability to analyze transactions for proper accounting treatment
• Develop and issue management reports using Music Books, Navision Account Schedules, J.D.Edwards general ledger and Hyperion corporate reporting to keep management apprised of results on a monthly basis.
• Provide timely and accurate reporting, i.e. divisional P&L reports (including revenue by division, deal type and library), cash flow, balance sheet movements and other ad hoc requests.
• Prepare commentaries of results versus budget, prior year and the latest forecast.
• Prepare annual budget including evaluation of deal renewals and historical results. This will require a close working relationship with business unit management at all levels, and will include a plan presentation for company executives.
• Prepare quarterly forecasts to provide corporate and financial management with a realistic estimate of full year financial results versus the budget and the previous forecast, including an explanation of significant changes.
• Liaise with programming support in relation to enhancements specifically tailored to UPPM needs.
• Maintain operational procedures which adequately address internal controls. This would include updating procedures as necessary and periodic testing to ensure operations are in compliance with established procedures.
• Assist with internal and external audit requests for the business units.
• Responsible for financial approval, as well as general ledger account coding guidance of UPPM expense reports and invoices.
• Work in close cooperation with the accounts receivable and credit/billing staff.
• (Co)-manage 2 financial analyst
• Assume ownership of other responsibilities of the Publishing Group, as assigned.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to work independently and/or in a team-oriented environment, including supervision of staff, and the ability to interact with other offices or business units to resolve questions, problems and/or requests for information
• Strong analytical skills; ability to make decisions based on information provided and understand the ramifications of each decision.
• Strong time management skills with the ability to prioritize tasks.
• Bachelor degree in Accounting, Finance or a related field with 3+ years of accounting or finance experience.
• Proficient in Excel, Word and familiar with financial reporting software.
• J.D. Edwards and Hyperion Enterprise experience is helpful but not required.
• Complete understanding of on-line accounting systems. Additionally, requires a high degree of competence with computers to be able to upload and download information to and from the financial systems for additional manipulation.
• Ability to work overtime and on weekends as required.
Contact Information :::...