Featured Job Details :::...
|City and State:
||Santa Monica , CA
||Universal Music Group is currently seeking a Director of Advanced Technology for the Santa Monica location.
This position involves performing technical due diligence on new products and services, formulating technology strategy and policy, and long-range research and development on future products and systems needs. The position is in Santa Monica, California with the Advanced Technology team in UMG’s eLabs division.
• Perform technical due diligence on companies seeking to license UMG properties by reviewing high-level technical documentation.
• Formulate and refine technology strategy, policies, and procedures. Document and communicate those policies and procedures within UMG, with international divisions, and outside companies.
• Identify long-range product opportunities or system needs, gather requirements design/propose solutions, and oversee proof-of-concept development. Development skills are a plus, but not required.
• Monitor music-related technology developments, including online piracy and mobile.
• Provide technical (non-IT) advice for other divisions within UMG such as government affairs, business/legal affairs, and labels.
• Assist with department and company technical projects as needed.
• Manage outside software development and testing
• BS in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical discipline. Graduate degree preferred.
• Experience as a senior engineer or in a technical leadership or strategy role.
• Familiarity with digital music formats and technologies.
• Familiarity with digital distribution and content protection technologies.
• Familiarity with Internet and general technology trends and developments.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a fast paced environment.
• Strong analytical approach to problem solving. Must be self-directed and extremely well organized.
• Must be able to work under time constraints. Ability to multi-task and juggle competing priorities.
• Ability to keep information confidential.
• High level of business acumen required.
• Must have excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
• Some travel required.
Contact Information :::...