Featured Job Details :::...
|City and State:
||Universal City , CA
||Universal Music Group is currently seeking a Director of Finance for the Universal City, CA office.
This position will support Code Black Entertainment, a division of UMGD Vivendi Entertainment in financial planning, business development, accounting, and operations to support home office sales, marketing, acquisitions executives and field sales staff. The person will create, develop and distribute bi-weekly forecasting, annual plan, management of G&A overhead, 3rd party statement analysis, month end close and review, management reporting with variance analysis, acquisition analysis and various other ad hoc requests. Tools used to develop analysis and create reports include (but not limited to) Videoscan, Rentrac, Legacy, pre-book information, actual shipment data, retail account sales data, advertising spends, etc.
• Supervise staff accountant
• Coordinate month end close
• Reconcile monthly balance sheet
• Prepare/provide journal entry support
• Review entries recorded by accounting
• Coordinate credit and collection
• Liaison to senior management for month end financial reporting
• Review 3rd party monthly statements
• Generate and review POS reports by title
• Review and track post production spending
• Manage CTS
• Participate in weekly management meetings
• Ad hoc reporting
• Prepare bi-weekly Present View forecast
• Present PV forecast to senior management
• Create and prepare quarterly forecasts
• Create and prepare annual operating plan
• Prepare sales and expense forecast by project
• Process payroll
• Administer benefits
Acquisition/New Business Development Functions
• Create profit and loss statement for each new project approved by management
• Liaison with internal counsel on deal terms
• Present project P&Ls to EVP
• Responsible for maintaining contract files
Candidate must have 8-10 years of work experience with an MBA or CPA. Work experience at one of the major studios or one of the Big 4 is a plus. A solid understanding of the Income Statement, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow statement is required. Proficiency with all Microsoft programs is essential with an emphasis on Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
• Possess solid financial accounting and planning skills and understandings
• Possess strengths in analysis, statistics, and logic in developing and interpreting data.
• Home entertainment or film studio experience
• Possess solid understanding of developing reports needed for sales, marketing, finance and analysis
• Experience and maturity to discern the data and develop recommendations to senior management.
Contact Information :::...