Featured Job Details :::...
|City and State:
||Fort Lauderdale, FL
||Reflect and reconnect at this true Floridian beach resort. Highlighted by a pristine oceanfront location, newly renovated accommodations, and close proximity to the airport, Harbor Beach Resort & Spa embodies an upscale retreat. This Marriott resort in Fort Lauderdale evokes an authentic experience filled with memories worth repeating. If guests keep returning because of their experience and the lasting memories, think of how much more so our associates appreciate coming to work everyday! This is not just a place for guests to refresh themselves, it's a place for associates to REJUVENATE! Isn't it time to do something nice for yourself! Treat yourself to a rewarding career by applying at http://greatjobs.marriott.com for the following revitalizing job opportunities:
In Partnership with Nickelodeon, presenting Nickelodeon Getaway Weekends
AUDITIONING AND HIRING FOR THE FOLLOWING ROLES:
NICKELODEON GETAWAY TEAM MEMBER (HOST) – 2 Part-time Positions
NICKELODEON CHARACTER/GETAWAY TEAM MEMBER (CHARACTER – Costume Required) – 2 Part-time Positions
*This role requires the team member to be between 4’11” and 5’2” (height) in order to fit into the character costume
• Encourage, recruit, register and schedule guests to participate in activities for the Nickelodeon Getaway
• Promote a fun, energized and comfortable atmosphere for guests
• Provide information to guests about available recreation facilities and activities including providing tours
• Serve as Host for live Nickelodeon themed events and activities
• Lead and/or perform in Nickelodeon-themed shows following basic scripts and using improvisation during shows as needed
• May involve performing basic dance routines, singing and performing while dressed in a character costume
• Maintain constant surveillance of all activity in the recreational area to ensure safety and security of children and adults; identify situations where guest is not able to safely participate in an activity and inform supervisor/manager
• Prep for show and clean and maintain recreational equipment and supplies
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND/OR REQUIREMENTS
• Must be a confident performer who is capable of performing in front of and engaging audiences in live-show activities
• Background in theater, music, dancing or performing in a school, local or other level is a BIG plus
• Previous experience entertaining customers/guests of all ages highly preferred including experience in theater, theme parks, attractions, cruises, etc.
• Friendly, outgoing, energetic demeanor
• Between 4 feet, 11 inches and 5 feet, 2 inches if applying for a character role
• Must be at least 16 years of age as this is a position as a Marriott associate, not an internship or a role in a play, tv show, etc.
• Singing, dancing or acting passion and experience a plus
• Positive attitude with “Spirit to Serve” philosophy and desire to go above and beyond for guests and other associates
• Strong communication skills; speak with others using clear and professional language
• Flexible availability including days, nights, weekends and holidays, as the resort is open year-round
• Able to stand, sit or walk for extended periods of time; move, lift, carry, push, pull and place objects weighing less than or equal to 50 lbs. without assistance
APPLY IMMEDIATELY AS INTERVIEWS AND AUDITIONS WILL TAKE PLACE IN EARLY TO MID-MAY!!
Marriott’s Harbor Beach Resort & Spa – Direct Link to Application
Marriott associates are compensated generously with competitive wages as well as an amazing benefits package which includes:medical, dental, vision, 401K, retirement savings, stock options, tuition reimbursement, dependant care assistance, meals, training, advancement opportunities, room discounts as well as other partner discounts and much more!
For immediate consideration, please apply online (24/7) via our application sites:
http://greatjobs.marriott.com – English or http://trabajos.marriott.com – Spanish
Upon entering the above website, search for the Harbor Beach Resort & Spa by Zip Code (33316) then click Submit. On the next page, carefully find the Harbor Beach Resort & Spa and click "View Open Positions and Apply" to be taken to a drop down menu with departments currently hiring. Find the appropriate department (Entertainment/Theater) and then click Apply Now.
Harbor Beach Resort & Spa
3030 Holiday Drive
Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33316
Contact Information :::...