Featured Job Details :::...
|City and State:
||New York, NY/Universal City, CA, nationwide
||Universal Music Group is currently seeking a Programmer Analyst for the New York, NY location.
This position is responsible for technical analysis, design, development and implementation of new programs and modifications to existing programs. This position requires strong technical capabilities and proficiency in Microsoft web technologies including ASP.NET 3.5 and SQL Server. This individual will also configure and integrate purchased or outsourced software components and programs for deployment in desktop and web-based software solutions. It requires developing a thorough knowledge of business processes as well as program functions. Must be detail focused and have the ability to shift that focus between multiple assignments. This position must have the strong communication skills needed to collaborate with other team members and business users. This position may be responsible for production support activities.
• Participate in business requirements gathering and business rules definition.
• Participate in design of desktop and web-based application architecture.
• Participate in design and development of user interface, screens/forms/web pages.
• Develop components/modules/scripts implementing business process rules.
• Develop database objects and data access components (tables, stored procedures).
• Develop batch processes necessary for application operation.
• Design and develop quality assurance processes including test cases, scenarios, and scripts. Perform testing of developed software components.
• Perform code walk-through of software components.
• Perform implementation tasks (application deployment and initialization).
• Document software components sufficient for on-going support and enhancement.
• Assist in the documentation of deployment procedures and the creation of deployment packages
• Assist in the post-deployment production support and enhancement of business applications and processes
• Archive/version software components.
• Communicate status of tasks and projects.
• Work and coordinate well with IT and business team members.
Programming – Visual Studio 2008, ASP.NET (C# & VB), SQL Server
Skills Profile -
• Excellent problem solving skills and experience with formal systems life cycle methodology.
• Ability to investigate and solve problems without assistance.
• Ability to multi-task.
• Excellent development skills.
• Ability to manage stress.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• 5+ years working in web development with ASP, DHTML, VB Script, Java Script, and SQL Server.
• 2+ years experience with .NET including VB.NET, C#.NET, ASP.NET, ADO.NET, Web Services and Localization
• Experience with XML and XSL
• Music or entertainment industry experience
• Minimum 4 year business or technical degree
Contact Information :::...