Featured Job Details :::...
|City and State:
||Universal City , CA
||Universal Music Group is currently seeking a Technical Lead for the Universal City, CA location.
Support technical lead responsibilities required as part of the standard project life cycle process and ensure consistency of strategy in areas around standards and metadata. Perform hardware/software, security, interoperability, reusability, scalability and performance analysis for client server applications. Identify, evaluate and recommend products and technologies that the enterprise will use to implement its application strategy.
Provide client server application programming and development support for the UMG Royalty & Copyright Group as well as database design and maintenance. The Technical Lead will work with a team of other developers to code and test programs, as well as support the user community.
• Communicate with users, project managers and managers to resolve business problems and create solutions.
• Use of technical experience to suggest better solutions to new and existing problems.
• Involvement with other IT departments providing systems communication processes.
• Meet with various IT groups (other departments and computer operations' staff) to address issues/concerns. This includes other business unit IT groups, as well as the technical operations group (Server Group and other Infrastructure groups).
• Identify software solutions needed for new projects. This includes the self education of new tools and/or languages using either the Universal Training classes or other means.
• Weekly reporting to manager on project status and issues.
• Responsible to communicate with IT team members and user groups as required.
• Ability to manage user requests and task priorities.
• Formal systems life cycle methodology experience
• Ability to investigate and solve problems
• Team player
• Oral and written communication skills
• Application design required
• 5+ years of SQL server database design/development
• 8-10 years experience with VB
• .NET application development (Winforms and ASP.NET)
• 1-3 yrs XML, XSLT experience within a .NET framework
• Working knowledge of DTS
• Extensive database development including complex stored procedures, triggers, relational database theory.
• Music or royalty/copyright experience.
• Minimum 4 year business degree or 10 years of technical experience.
Contact Information :::...