Featured Job Details :::...
|City and State:
||Los Angeles , CA
||Universal Music Group is currently seeking a Senior Royalty Analyst for the West Los Angeles, CA office.
This position is responsible for supervising the accounting functions of the Royalty Department. Dealing with clients and upper management in a high volume multitasking environment. Excellent accounting, communication and organizational skills are a must, as well as being computer savvy.
• Oversees general ledger to royalty system reconciliations.
• Reconcile royalty revenue between cashbook system and royalty system.
• Oversees and maintain unclaimed property files and escheatment to the states.
• Analyze contracts for royalty rates and payment information.
• Calculate and set up of royalty rates for clients.
• Answer and communicate with royalty clients, intercompany department management and outside companies regarding Royalty Department matters.
• Review all royalty account adjustments and submit all royalty financial work to Finance Department.
• Prepare Joint Venture accounting statements.
• Act as intermediary between Royalty Department and Finance Department.
• Review, research and adjust data in the Royalty system for client adjustments and special projects.
• Calculate and review royalty costs and fees.
• Maintain special handling data base in Access for the Royalty Department.
• Special projects as requested.
Skills and Requirements:
• Experience with Music Publishing business preferred.
• Must possess strong skills in Microsoft Excel and be proficient in a Windows environment.
• Access and JDE skills preferred.
• Bachelor degree in Finance or Accounting preferred.
• Experience in accounting or finance preferred.
• Royalty and Copyright knowledge a plus.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong organizational skills a must.
• Highly detail oriented.
• Ability to meet deadlines and work well under pressure in a fast paced environment.
Contact Information :::...